By definition, Throwback Thursday is a trend among social media sites such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook wherein users post or repost older photographs with the hashtag #ThrowbackThursday or #TBT.
Today, I am sharing a #TBT of my graduation from the University of Central Florida. This past May I graduated from the Nicholson School of Communications with a Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Public Relations. I loved my time at UCF and it was bittersweet knowing I wouldn’t be a student anymore. Graduating from college is one of my favorite memories and even though I was sad one journey was ending, I was more excited to start my full-time journey at &Barr!
I am sure many people can relate to this article. Who knew a four lettered last name could be so difficult to pronounce? Well it is. Poje is my last name- it is German. It is pronounced POE-GEE. Check out this article and see if any of these struggles of having an impossible name apply to you!
When people hear the name Amanda, they can’t help but say “Amanda- Panda”. That is exactly how the nickname “panda” stuck to me…. along with the fact that I love them because they are cute and fuzzy! I own multiple panda items like this mug that sits comfortably at my desk!
Some fun facts about Pandas:
– Life span in the wild is about 20 years
– Giant pandas are on the brink of extinction, with just over 1,000 pandas left in the world.
– Pandas are pigeon-toed; in other words, they walk with their front paws turned inward.
– Giant panda cubs are usually born in August or September and are the size of a stick of butter.
– The panda spends 14-16 hours a day eating bamboo- (I spend just about the same amount of time eating).
– Giant pandas have 42 teeth.
– Under its fur, the skin of a giant panda is black where its fur is black, and pink where its fur is white.
– Pandas are simply cute! Watch this video and see for yourself!
Pandas are on the endangered species list. If you would like to help save the pandas, follow this Link and you can donate to the World Wildlife Foundation! #SaveThePanda
What is an appropriate way to celebrate my first blog post? Some dancing lobsters!!! Yes, this is from The Amanda Show which I was obsessed with when I was younger. Very cliche since my name is Amanda but honestly, who didn’t love it?!
Amanda brings a diverse background to the &Barr Client Services team. Before graduating from the University of Central Florida (UCF) with a bachelor’s degree in advertising and public relations, she completed five internships that gave her experience in media, public relations and client services. Amanda is a liaison for multiple teams within the agency and works on a variety of our accounts such as Experience Kissimmee, Stein Mart and Nemours Children’s Hospital. Amanda joined the &Barr team full- time after serving as an intern and is one of our youngest members. Amanda is a homebody and foodie. When out of the office you can catch her wrapped up on the couch with an episode of Law and Order: SVU and a spicy tuna roll! Amanda is also a member of Ad2.